|Who Can Submit Material?
|All current Victoria University staff and students are encouraged to submit
appropriate material to the Institutional Repository.
|Materials Suitable for
University's VUIR Policy in pdf format
Material which represents publicly available research and scholarly
output of the University can be submitted to the
Institutional Repository. The following types of material will be accepted
- Refereed scholarly and research articles and
contributions by current Victoria University staff and students at
the post print stage (this is subject to the agreement of the
publisher. Please see "Copyright and published
- Refereed scholarly and research literature by
current Victoria University staff and students at the pre-print
stage (with corrigenda added subsequently if necessary at the
discretion of the author)
- PhD and Masters by Research degree thesis by
Victoria University students.
- University related research material such as
books, working papers, discussion papers, government submissions,
reports and inaugural professional lectures.
The following material will not be accepted for submission
- Material which contains confidential information, or of which
the promulgation would infringe a legal commitment by the University
and/or the author should not be included in the repository. In this
category is third party confidential information such as
commercial-in-confidence reports as well as the University's
confidential information such as information which may be the
subject of a new patent application. [Note that once a patent
application has been filed then publication of the content does not
- Unedited/unreviewed personal opinion outputs
- Book reviews
- Non-educational/not-scholarly outputs
- Textbooks and teaching materials
- Material to which granting unrestricted access would compromise
ethical considerations, including those relating to cultural
- Theses, other than PhD and Masters by Research, except by
special request of Head of School
- Unrefereed draft papers or draft versions of papers released for
- Administrative documents and records, including those associated
with research projects
- Raw research data
Any material that fails to comply with the guidelines for inclusion
may not be accepted for submission or may be removed from the repository
|Copyright and published work
|For information on Copyright in relation to VUIR - please see "Copyright and VUIR"
Important Links to Information
|Materials can be accepted in the following formats:
- PDF (the preferred format)
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- Image JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF
- Video MPEG, QuickTime, AVI
- A URL link to the accessible full text content where it
resides on another web site
In order to deposit material with the Victoria University
Institutional Repository – all you need to do is send an
email, let us
know you are interested and we can upload your publication data from
Office for Research. Please make sure you are up-to-date with reporting
publications data to the
Office for Research.
As a cross-check for our VUIR team, feel free to supply us with a
list of your publication, but it is important that every publication is
reported to Office for Research (for HERDC/ERA).
Once we have extracted all of your publication data from Office for
Research, we will work on them and let you know which publications can
have full-text uploaded. When you hear from us, you will asked to supply
either the post-print (accepted version post refereeing) or pre-print
(submitted version pre-refereeing). The version depends upon the
publisher’s copyright policies.
Theses will be submitted via
Office for Postgraduate Research.